Office of the Clerk

 Jeanne Krueger, Certified Municipal Clerk

Ph: (920) 720-7103  Fax: (920) 720-7197    [email protected]


The Town Clerk’s office offers availability of Election and voting information, Town Board and Committee proceedings, calendar of agendas and meeting dates; records of ordinances; resolutions, bids, leases and agreements. The Clerk’s Office issues licenses for bartenders, liquor, Christmas tree sales, solicitors, cigarettes & tobacco, dances, amusements,  secondhand dealers, mobile home parks and other miscellaneous permits. The Clerk’s office also accepts requests for public record information and claims against the Town.


Voting Locations


For voting locations, you may call the Town Clerk’s Office at (920) 720-7103 or click on the Street Guide link below. Voting locations are determined by your street address.


Click on this link:  Election Street Guide 2004.xls



Election Information




2004-2005 Election Dates






Spring Primary & Presidential Preference –February 17, 2004



Local Spring Election – April 6, 2004



Partisan Primary – September 14, 2004



General Election – November 2, 2004



Spring Primary – February 15, 2005



Spring Election – April 5, 2005








Polling Locations Open from 7:00 a.m. -  8:00 p.m.



West Side Voters


District 28, Wards 1, 5, 6




Municipal Complex

2000 Municipal Drive, Neenah

 Click for map  



District 29, Wards 2, 3, 4



Spring Road School

1191 County II, Neenah

(Old Hwy. 150)

 Click for map



East Side Voters


District 27, Wards 7, 8

District 26, Ward 10

District 1, Ward 13


Community Center

1000 Valley Road, Menasha

(Next to Fire Station)

 Click for map



District 27, Ward 9

District 26, Ward 11

District 4, Ward 12


Maplewood School              

1600 Midway Road, Menasha

Click for map



Election Schedule


Spring Primary – the nonpartisan primary held the 3rd Tuesday in February to nominate candidates to be voted for at the spring election and to express preference for the person to be the presidential candidate for each party.


Spring Election – the election held on the first Tuesday in April to elect judicial, educational (school board candidates) and municipal officers, and nonpartisan county officers.


September Partisan Primary – the primary held the 2nd Tuesday in September to nominate candidates to be voted for at the general election, to determine which candidates for state offices other than district attorney may participate in the Wisconsin election campaign fund.


General Election – the election held in even-numbered years on the day after the first Monday in November to elect United States senators, representatives in congress, presidential electors, state senators, representatives to the assistant district attorneys, state officers other than the state superintendent and judicial officers, and county officers other than supervisors and county executives.



The Voting Process


If you are registered, upon entering your polling place, an Election Inspector will ask for your name and address, and to see a piece of identification.  Your name will be located on a poll list of registered voters.  You will receive a voting slip and a ballot.  The Election Inspector will provide you with voting instructions as you proceed to a voting booth.  Sample ballots are located in each booth for your convenience.  Simply, put your ballot through the Accu-Vote Voting Machine and it will be read electronically and record your votes on the memory card.


If you are not registered, stop at the registration table, providing the Election Inspector with one form of proof of identification.  Refer to the section on how to Register to Vote for documents to be used. An Election Inspector will make out a registration card and you will be asked to complete a Cancel Registration card, canceling any previous registration.  Your registration card is entered in the computer system and kept on file in the Clerk’s office.  Registration is required only once, as long as you are a regular voter.  If you have not voted in four years, you are then deleted from the registration list.



Register to Vote


Register to Vote Prior to Election at:        Town of Menasha

Municipal Complex – Clerk’s Office

2000 Municipal Drive, Neenah


Requirements to Vote:


Registering to Vote:

Anyone wishing to vote in the State of Wisconsin has three options to register:


1.   IN PERSON: Register in the Town Clerk’s office up to 5:00 p.m. on the day before the election.  You must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for 10 days preceding the election.


2.    BY MAIL: Use the EB-131 Voter Registration Application, complete and mail it into your Town Clerk’s office before 5:00 p.m. on the 13th day before the election.       


As of January 1, 2003, the law requires any person registering to vote for the first time and submitting a registration application by mail to provide a copy of acceptable identification.  Acceptable identification is either; a current and valid photo identification, OR one of the following:  a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, pay check, or government document that shows the name and address of the voter.  The copy of the form of identification must be included when submitting the registration application.  If a copy of identification is not included, the elector will be required to supply it before being issued an absentee ballot.


3.    AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY:  To register to vote at your polling place, you must bring one form of proof that you have lived at your present location for 10 days preceding the election.  For purposes of voter registration, a form of identification constitutes acceptable proof of residence if it includes:


A current and complete name, including both the given and family name;




A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street

address, if any, and the name of a municipality.


Forms of identification which constitute acceptable proof of residence are:


Ø      A Wisconsin motor vehicle operator’s license

Ø      A Wisconsin I.D. card.

Ø      Any other official Identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit or by an employer in the normal course of business, but not including a business card

Ø      A check-cashing or courtesy card issued by a merchant in the normal course of business.

Ø      A gas, electric or telephone service statement for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.

Ø      A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.

Ø      A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day.

Ø      A university, college or technical institute fee, or I.D. card

Ø      An airplane pilot’s license.


If you cannot supply acceptable proof of residence, your registration form can be substantiated and signed by one other elector who resides in your municipality, corroborating your residency information. The corroborator must then provide acceptable proof of residence.


Changes in your Registration

Once you are registered, call the Clerk’s office at 720-7103 to make changes to your record. If you move from the Town of Menasha, cancel the registration and re-register in your new municipality.


Name changes require re-registration.  This can be accomplished at the Municipal Complex at any time by bringing a form of identification with your name and current address.



Non-English Speaking Voters

A citizen cannot be denied the right to vote because the citizen does not speak English.  If a voter is challenged and cannot answer the challenge questions because the challenged voter does not speak English, the challenged voter should be given a challenged ballot.  The inability to answer the challenge questions because of lack of proficiency in English is not the same as refusing to answer the questions.


If a voter is challenged and is unable to answer the challenge questions, the inspectors should note on the challenge form that the questions could not be asked because of the challenged voter’s inability to speak English.  The challenged voter is given a ballot that is marked with a serial number corresponding to the voter’s name on the voter list.



How to Obtain an Absentee Ballot


To vote absentee, you may come in to the Clerk’s office and fill out an application form to request a ballot or download an application, EB-121 Application for Absentee Ballot   


Voting by Absentee Ballot

Registered voters who are unable to appear on Election Day may vote by absentee ballot.  Voters who have moved within the state during the 10 days before an election can vote by absentee in person at the Clerk’s Office or by mail. 




      You may also print out an application, fill in the information and mail it back. The Town Clerk’s      Office must receive your absentee ballot by Election Day in order for your vote to be counted.


Absentee ballots are available 21 days prior to the Spring Primary and Spring Election and 30 days prior to the Fall Primary and General Election.


Ø                 Permanent Absentee: You may be placed on a permanent absentee list if indefinitely confined because of age (at least 70 years old), illness, infirmity or disability. You will be automatically provided a ballot for every election until such time as you notify the Clerk, or until such time as you fail to return an absentee ballot.


Ø                 Hospitalized Elector: You may be mailed an absentee ballot if you can not appear at the polling place due to hospitalization. You must appoint an Agent to receive the absentee ballot solely for the benefit of the elector, transmit to the hospitalized elector, and then return to the municipal clerk or polling place.


Ø                 Confidential Listing: You may be placed on the state’s confidential voting list. Your personal information will be suppressed on any poll/registration list and withheld from public inspection.


The following criteria must be presented in person to the Town Clerk:


      A Protective order that is in effect

      Affidavit dated within 30 days of the date of the request

      Statement signed by the operator, or an authorized agent of the operator of a shelter that is dated within 30 days of the date of the request that indicates that the operator operates the shelter and that the individual making the request resides in the shelter


Town of Menasha Voting Method

The Town of Menasha uses a paper ballot which is read by an optical scanning machine. To cast your vote, you must darken the oval next to your voting choice using a #2 pencil.



Becoming an Election Official


If you are interested in becoming an Election Official, you may contact the Town Clerk’s office at 720-7103 to request an application form, or you may print out the form, Interest in Becoming an Election Inspector, complete and mail it to us.



High School Students as Election Inspectors

In 2001, Wisconsin Act 109 was created to allow High School Students to work as Election Inspectors -

Section 7.30 (2)(am)




A student qualifies to serve as an election inspector at the polling place of the student’s residence, if the student


1.  Is 16 or 17 years of age,

2.  Is enrolled in grades 9 to 12 in a public or private school,

3.  Has at least a 3.0 grade point average or the equivalent,

4.  Has the approval of the pupil’s parent or guardian, and

5.  Has the approval of the principal of the school in which the pupil is enrolled.


Written Authorization.


Before appointment by any municipality of a pupil as an inspector under this paragraph, the municipal clerk shall obtain written authorization from the pupil’s parent or guardian and from the principal of the school where the pupil is enrolled for the pupil to serve for the entire term for which he or she is appointed.  Upon appointment of a pupil to serve as an inspector, the municipal clerk shall notify the principal of the school where the pupil is enrolled and the date of expiration of the pupil’s term of office.


To obtain an Authorization to Serve as Election Inspector (EB-129) form for a student,

click here: EB-129 Application




1.  A student may serve as an inspector at a polling place only if at least one election official at the polling place other than the chief inspector is a qualified elector of this state.


2.   A student may not serve as chief inspector at a polling place.


3.   A student serving as an election inspector may not challenge any person offering to vote.

     §6.92(2), Stats.