(Most Require Inspections Before Granting)



ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSE (Original or Renewal License)                                                                                                             

(July 1st – June 30th)

Each license requires a publication fee of $45.00. Applications must be on file at least 15 days before being presented to the Town Board for granting. Police Dept., Finance Dept., and Fire Dept. inspection is required.


          Class “A” Beer                                                                                      $150.00

            Selling of beer for liquor/convenience stores to be consumed off-premises


          Class “B” Beer                                                                                                     $100.00

          Selling of beer for bars/taverns/restaurants to be consumed on-premises


           Class A” Liquor/Wine                                                                                      $250.00

          Selling of liquor/wine for liquor/convenience stores to be consumed off-premises


         Class B” Liquor/Wine                                                                                      $350.00

          Selling of liquor/wine for liquor/convenience stores to be consumed on-premises


          “Class C” Wine                                                                                                    $100.00

          May sell wine in an opened original container for consumption on premises where sold.

            Such licenses may only be issued for restaurants if:

§       the sale of alcohol beverages accounts for less than 50% of the gross receipts and;

§       the premises does not have a barroom


          Wholesale Beer                                                                                                   $25.00

Any fermented malt beverage wholesaler may sell only in original packages to retailers or wholesalers.  Must obtain permits from the Dept. of Revenue. 




(Two year license, July 1st-June 30th)

Applicants must have completed or be registered for the Responsible Beverage Course.  A Responsible Beverage Course taken within a two-year period of application, or a valid bartender license elsewhere would also be acceptable to apply for a license.


            License Fee                                                                                                       Pro-rated                                                                       $60.00

            Provisional License                                                                                                       + $15.00

            (Work immediately, no waiting period, valid for 60 days.                                                            

             Covers cost of background check.)



TEMPORARY OPERATOR’S LICENSE (Beer and wine served only)                    $5.00

Any person bartending at a picnic or any special event must have a license.  Valid for 14 days.  No person may hold more than one temporary license per calendar year. The operator must be employed by or donating their services to holders of special Class “B” Retailer’s licenses. Licenses may be granted immediately.





Retailers who have been in existence for over six (6) months, who want to sell beer and/or wine at a picnic, must be licensed.





ANNUAL AMUSEMENT                                                                              $50.00

(July 1st – June 30th)

Any amusement which is part of the day-to-day operations of the business where any structure or building on to the premises is not altered or constructed in such a fashion as to create a safety hazard to the public, such as coin-operated machines e.g. pool tables, games, dart boards, juke boxes and karaoke.  



INDIVIDUAL AMUSEMENT                                                             (Setup fee) $150.00

(Required $150 per event, plus a $150 escrow fee refundable 30 days after the event if un- used.  Re-inspections to be charged at a rate of $25)                 

Granted for special events such as any show, concert, musical entertainment, carnival. See the Town Municipal Code for list of types of events that are required to be licensed. Inspections required.   Application must be filed 30 days prior to the event.




BOWLING (Annual)                                                                                                  $100.00

Bowling alleys must be licensed.




CIGARETTE & TOBACCO PRODUCTS (Annual)                                        $100.00

Any establishment that sells cigarette/ tobacco products, or has a machine for cigarette/tobacco products must be licensed. 




PUBLIC DANCE PERMIT                          (Per dance within 24 hr. period)         $50.00

Any party organizing a public dance is responsible for obtaining a dance permit.  Application and fee must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days prior to the date of the dance.





DOG / CAT LICENSING (Required over 5 mos. of age)

(April 1st – March 31st)

Please bring proof of animal spayed or neutered, and proof of rabies vaccination.  No person may maintain more than four animals within the Town of Menasha.

                    Neutered males or spayed females                               $7.00

                    Un-neutered males or unsprayed females                   $12.00

                        Late penalty fee if not licensed before April 1                    $5.00



KENNEL LICENSE (Annual)                                                                                                  $35.00

(January 1 of each year)

License is for 12 or less dogs or cats kept in a kennel, plus $3.00 for each additional animal.








                                                                                                                        Daily Auction Fee    $25.00

AUCTIONS AND CLOSE-OUT SALES                                          Close-out Sale    $50.00

Application and permit fee must be filed a minimum of five (5) days prior to date of sale. The Clerk determines whether a $2000 Surety Bond is required.  Inspections required.




CHRISTMAS TREE SALES  (Valid for 60 days)                                             $75.00

Community Development Dept. must approve your site plan prior to application.   Please make application before  November 1.


                                                  $25.00 per display     

                                                                      $45.00 per fire apparatus, plus firefighter                                           

FIREWORKS DISPLAY PERMIT                       wages (invoiced after the event)    

Application must be made at least 15 days in advance of date of the display. Must provide license Bond, Proof of Financial Responsibility, list of persons in charge of display, type/number of fireworks, diagram of location where display held. The Police and Fire Chief must endorse this application after completion of inspections.



GUN OR WEAPON DEALER                                                                 $200.00

No persons, firm or corporation shall operate or engage in the business of selling firearms and/or ammunition without having obtained a license.  The license shall renew annually on July 1.


MASSAGE / REFLEXOLOGY THERAPIST                                  $100.00     

(July 1st – June 30th)

Any person engaging in the business of massage or reflexology must have a license.  A background check shall be executed by the Police Dept., and a yearly inspection conducted by the Fire Dept. is required.  A Conditional Use Permit must be obtained if performing treatments in the home.  Permit shall be renewed annually for July 1.




MOBILE HOME PARK LICENSE (Annual)                               (Per 50 lots)   $100.00

(August 1st – July 31st)


PHARMACIST PERMIT                                                                         $10.00

All pharmacists must be licensed. 




          Pawnbroker                                                                                                            $210.00

          Secondhand Jewelry Dealer                                                                                    $  27.50

          Secondhand Article Dealer                                                                                      $  30.00

            (Annual licenses Jan. 1st – Dec. 31st)


          Secondhand Article Dealer Mall/Flea market                                                                         $165.00

          (Two-year license May 1st – Apr. 30th of odd-numbered years)




SALVAGE YARD OPERATOR                                                                               $50.00

(July 1st – June 30th)

Any business maintaining any building or yard for the keeping or storing, in commercial quantities, any old, used, or secondhand materials of any kind including rags, paper, rubbish, bottles, rubber, iron, or other metals or junked motor vehicles or parts.  Inspections are a must.


SECURITY GUARD                                                                      $15.00     

(Two-year license)

Any person working for a security establishment, which requires a background check, must be licensed.



TATTOO/BODY PIERCING PRACTITIONER & ESTABLISHMENT                                        

License required for any person engaged in the business of tattoo artistry or body piercing.  Permit fee shall be renewed annually on July 1 each year.  In addition, each tattoo artist or body piercing practitioner shall pay a fee for practicing within the parlor.  A license application form from Winnebago County Health Department must be completed and approved prior to practicing in the Town. Premises must pass inspection and approval.

                                                                              Establishment                         $100.00                                                                     Each Practitioner / Piercer                                                $  50.00                               Combo Establishment & Piercer   $150.00


TAXI CABS                                       Business License            $100.00

                                                                                                 Plus fee for each vehicle          +       $25/ea.

No person, firm or corporation shall operate a taxi service for the purpose of public transportation without first obtaining a license.  All taxi cab vehicle owners shall obtain and maintain their own vehicle insurance.  License shall expire annually on June 30.



TRANSIENT MERCHANT / VENDORS OF MERCHANDISE                    $50.00                            

($2000 Surety Bond required)

If you are temporarily engaging in the retail sale of merchandise at any place in the Town, and who is not or does not intend to become a permanent merchant of the Town of Menasha must have this permit.  This includes any peddler, solicitor, canvasser, or any other person who transacts any temporary or transient business which involves the selling of goods, wares or merchandise, or who solicits for such trade.  Permit is valid for 60 days.  












                                                                    Photocopy charge per page                     $ .25 cents

RECORD REQUEST FORM                Hourly labor charge, or fraction of     $25.00/hr

 Request form for accessing, inspecting or obtaining town records.  Date, time, personal information of the requester, along with description of information/records is included.  You may also come into the Clerk’s Office to view any open records between normal business hours.  Please see the section on Public Records for more detailed information.



Ø    Fees paid for permits and licenses are non-refundable